SITE DISCLAIMER AND PRIVACY NOTICE:
- Immediately stop using and opening this site if at any time you do not agree to follow all use conditions set forth herein.
- This site is maintained, operated and intended for use exclusively in the United States of America.
- We do not represent that resources on this site are accurate or useful outside of the United States of America.
- ARU is organized under the laws of the State of North Carolina and is duly authorized and licensed in the states in which it conducts business.
- The company is principally engaged in writing insurance.
INSURANCE QUOTES AND COVERAGES
- On-line quotes may not be available for all states, products, services or coverage selections.
- All quotes generated by this site are estimates based upon the information you provided and are not a contract, binder, or agreement to extend insurance coverage.
- Any coverage descriptions provided on this site are general descriptions of available coverages and are not a statement of contract.
- To obtain coverage you must first apply and be approved by ARU and then pay the premiums.
- All applications are subject to ARU underwriting approval.
- Coverages and availability may vary by state and minimum coverage limits, exclusions and deductibles apply.
- For additional information about products, services or coverage selections otherwise offered by ARU, please contact a ARU broker.
AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
- ARU does business in certain states in the United States of America.
- Some products or services described on this site are not available in all states.
- You may not be eligible for all products and services and ARU reserves the right to determine such eligibility as permitted by law.
- Where noted, certain products or services may be subject to specific terms, conditions, representations or agreements.
ONLINE CLAIMS NOTIFCATION
- If you are a ARU customer, you may elect to report a claim online where available.
- Your submission does not commit ARU to coverage for this loss.
- Information you submit regarding your insurance policy and the loss is subject to ARU review and verification.
- ARU reserves the right to request additional information prior to reaching a decision on any claim.
- A claim representative will be communicating with you regarding your claim.
- All policy provisions contained in your policy remain in effect.
- If you have any questions concerning the coverage afforded by your policy, please contact your ARU broker.
YOUR USE OF THIS SITE
- You may not use this site to perpetrate any illegal undertaking or conduct, such as defamation, libel, threatening or harassing speech or that violates any intellectual property or civil rights.
- ARU reserves the right to disclose any information you provide using this site to legal authorities as deemed appropriate in the sole discretion of ARU.
- You agree that any information you provide through this site will be honest and correct.
- ARU reserves the right to require any user to change their User ID or answers to security questions if they are deemed inappropriate at ARU’s sole discretion and judgment.
- The ARU email system is a private email system intended only for purposes authorized by ARU.
- Spamming our email addresses is prohibited and ARU reserves the right to take actions as may be necessary to prevent misuse of its email system by unauthorized parties.
- Some portions of this site are restricted and require authorization for access.
- Unauthorized use of or access to these areas is prohibited.
- Actual or attempted unauthorized use of or access to such areas may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution.
- Attempts to hack such areas without authorization may be turned over to law enforcement.
- If you are an authorized user of any restricted area, you are responsible to maintain the security/confidentiality of your password.
- You are solely liable for damages if you do not properly secure your password or if you choose to share your password with anyone else.
- ARU encourages you to change your password periodically to protect your account information.
- DO NOT DISCLOSE YOUR PASSWORD AND KEEP IT SECURE.
- If you suspect that your password has been used by someone other than you, immediately change your password.
- If you suspect any unauthorized activity related to your account, contact ARU.
ARU INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- All materials on this site including but not limited to graphics, text, software, audio, video, and files, are the property of ARU and are protected by copyright or other intellectual property laws, unless specifically noted otherwise.
- Intellectual property rights of third parties apply where noted.
- ARU reserves all rights to its intellectual property.
- You are prohibited from copying, linking, reproducing or otherwise using this site’s materials for commercial use even if all copyright, trademark or other notices are retained.
- You may not change, distribute, plagarize, copy, distribute, or otherwise use any of this site’s content or link this site within any other site.
- ARU is not liable for any links to other Internet sites that ARU does not maintain and you should not assume any link to/from other sites as signifying that ARU is promoting or approving such site materials or that the sites are associated in any way with ARU.
- ARU is not in control of any content on such sites and makes no warranties or representations about the contents, products or services presented on such sites.
- ARU is not liable for about the content, products or services offered on any sites that you use with this site, and makes no warranties or representations, whatsoever in their regard.
CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT
JURISDICTION AND SEVERABILITY
- ARU insurance policies, agreements, applications, forms and required notices are written in English.
- This document has not been certified for translation into any other language.
- In the event of any difference in interpretation, the English language version controls.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
- Any data, services, resources, software, calculators or other items on this site are made available as a courtesy “as is” without any warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for any purpose, whatsoever.
- ARU does not guarantee that this site will be available 24/7, its site services will remain uninterrupted or error free.
- All users assume all liabilities for any use, including, but no limited to the display and performance of the information, services, materials, software, calculators or other items.
- ARU assumes no liabilities for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use or performance of the information, services, materials, software, calculators or other items.
- We guard your private information as our own.
- This Notice describes how we keep, gather, use, and share policyholder nonpublic information related to an identified individual, which is sometimes called personally identifiable information.
- This information does not include anonymized data or de-identified data, which do not identify an individual.
OUR PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
- We do not sell or give away policyholder information.
- We prohibit those who are doing business on our behalf to use our policyholder information for their own marketing purposes.
- We require any person or entity providing products or services on our behalf to protect policyholder information.
- We do not share policyholder medical claim information unless:
- You expressly permit it; or
- It is permitted or required by law; or
- Your insurance policy contract with us authorizes us to do so.
WE PROTECT POLICYHOLDER INFORMATION
- We uphold physical, electronic, and technical precautions to protect policyholder information and to obey with federal and state laws.
- We retain policyholder information for legal, auditing, regulatory, and business purposes.
POLICYHOLDER INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect policyholder information in different ways. For example, we gather information from:
- Applications and other forms related to our products and through conversations with you and your broker;
- Use of our mobile sites and applications, our social media sites and applications, and interactions with our online advertisements;
- Transactions or experiences with us, such as payments, underwriting, and claims; and
- Within our companies, including consumer reporting agencies that provide us with information such as driving records, claim histories, and credit information.
HOW WE USE POLICYHOLDER INFORMATION
We use policyholder information, sometimes including consumer report information, to do things such as:
- Check your identity and service your policies and accounts;
- Improve your policyholder understanding and improve our policies and claims services;
- Shield against fraud and illegal transactions;
- Evaluate and price your policies and accounts;
- Process claims;
- Provide appropriate billing;
- Sell you other insurance and useful products related to managing your risks;
- Advance new insurance products and services;
- Accomplish actions as required or permitted by law.
HOW WE SHARE POLICYHOLDER INFORMATION
We share policyholder information, including payment and claim information within our companies and with your broker to deliver your insurance and claims services.
We share policyholder information inside or outside our companies:
- For our usual and customary business purposes;
- For governmental public policy purposes;
- For purposes permitted or required by law;
- As needed, to handle your claim;
- With consumer reporting agencies, for example, during the underwriting process;
- About a sale, merger, transfer, or exchange of all or a portion of our business or operating unit;
- With companies that perform marketing or other services for us;
- As needed, to protect against fraud and illegal transactions; and
- About the investigation, establishment, and defense of legal rights
- We share policyholder information within our companies, so we do not have to ask you for the same information again.
OPT OUT FROM INFORMATION SHARING
If you prefer to limit sharing information such as your driving record, claim history with other companies, and credit information, call your broker. However:
- This option does not limit us from sharing certain policyholder information about your transactions or experiences with us for our everyday business purposes or for public policy purposes
- This option does not limit us from sharing policyholder information in the event of a transfer, between our companies, of all or a portion of a line of business
- If you are an existing policyholder and have already instructed us about your policyholder information sharing preference, you may change your preference.
INFORMATION FOR THE INTERNET, MOBILE, AND SOCIAL MEDIA USERS
- Our website and mobile applications use common tracking technologies like browser cookies, analytical tools, device identification code, or other legal data capture.
- We do not support do not track signals or other, comparable mechanisms.
- We collect certain technical data about the device you use to access our site or services, such as user, agent, timestamp, hardware type, language and time zone settings, IP address, OS type and version, and installed fonts to help us communicate with you better.
- Our notice does not apply to the privacy practices of any other website.
- Our mobile and social media applications will contain a statement describing what information is collected from your use of that application.
- If you click on a link to a non-owned or uncontrolled site, you will be taken to websites we do not control.
- Read the privacy statements of other websites cautiously.
- We are not liable for any non-owned or uncontrolled sites or links.